KF Server 5 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KF Server 5 Forum

Knight Fight Server 5 Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General discussion about the category

Go down 
+8
StarJack
Chromis
Lorien
Crower
Davidoff |E|
+DaSilva+
[F] apek_apekgak
yrska
12 posters
AuthorMessage
yrska

yrska

General discussion about the category Empty
PostSubject: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:48 pm

If you have any complains, ideas for the future or just anything to say about this category, this is the place to say it.
Back to top Go down
[F] apek_apekgak

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:39 am

impossible to beat someone who is 8 lvls higher than u and they r equipped with 3 +4ss weapon....
Back to top Go down
yrska

yrska

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:52 am

After cheking your chars I think that you teo might indeed have had quite close ranking scores after all... The level difference in indeed quite big but not impossible one to overcome I think. And what comes to weaponry... We do not know what kind of weapons&armour people use and thus we cannot take it into consideration when doing the cats, sorry. (Ofc the skill point distribution as such is involved in the formula used, but that tells only half of the tale I am afraid.)

Yrska
Back to top Go down
+DaSilva+

+DaSilva+

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:47 am

When you make the categories then one way to go, is to do what you normally do (with the formula and stuff), but then make sure that people in the same category are no more than a few levels apart. I know it means extra work (and you guys/girls are already doing a helluva job just by organizing this contest) but it would make sure that the difference in weaponry and armor wouldn't be as extreme as 8 levels +.

So you would have the middle category levels 16-20, middle category levels 21-25 and so forth. Just a suggestion.

And again thanks for organizing the tournament. Great job.

- DaSilva
Back to top Go down
yrska

yrska

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:18 am

The problem in that is that it would either put the hoverers (or kinda semi-hoverers like apek) into too low categories or it would create a lot of very small cats...

I think that we just need to tweak the formula's level/stats balance a bit...

(I do not deny the fact that there is allways need for some sort of selection to made by humans in regards of who is placed in what category,)

Yrska
Back to top Go down
Davidoff |E|

Davidoff |E|

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:05 am

cant make so many cat because not much ppl take part on this tourney...
tourney just make our server5 more fun...
win or lose is not important...
i lose 2-1 to damage more low then me,FA n PA oso low then me 15+...
i oso no say anything...this game not see who stat or lv high must win..
it's see who more lucky hahaha
Back to top Go down
[F] apek_apekgak

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:58 am

yeah i agree...actually i don't mind losing in the tourney...but having to fight sum1 who is 8 lvls is too impossible for low lvl like me to win...even with 100 PA n FA...but nevermind,maybe in the next tourney,u all can improve the bracket again...thanx for the organizers...i always had fun during all the tourney...its not easy to conduct such thing n i salute u all for d effort...happy hitting n looting every1... cheers
Back to top Go down
Crower

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:16 am

im against to a lvl 37 guy Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lorien

Lorien

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Dunno where to post this so I think this best place.

So, I wasn't able to to attack my opponent because he is/was safe always when I tried to attack. I didn't either got attacks from him so we can't determine winner.
Back to top Go down
Chromis

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:14 pm

Crow, actaully level 38 (I guess he just leveled (Grins)..

I can see the formula might need to be tweaked a little to give more creedance to skill points (aka level) This was a first attempt that seemed to pan out well prior to the tourney.

However, I HAVE beaten people well higher than me, Richard Longsword, Duanemb.. I understand they dont have the best builds or some of the best equipment, however, level is not a sole limiting factor.. in your case, I can see it could have more disadvantage then I was taking account for..

And Lorien, your opponent is open right now..

IxI Chromis IxI
Back to top Go down
StarJack

StarJack

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 pm

i agree chromis .. actually Levels are a not really an issue, take my battle round at the moment with Boxcar ..
even though i'm 11 levels higher than him his stats are astounding for a lvl 18 (he's a Farmer - kinda explains itself lol )
As i was saying me being such a higher lvl has actually matched us fairly evenly i doubt anybody within 5 lvls of him would be able to win ..
Back to top Go down
StarJack

StarJack

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:09 pm

sorry 9 lvls not 11 .. its the weekend
Back to top Go down
Chromis

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:25 pm

StarJack wrote:
i agree chromis .. actually Levels are a not really an issue, take my battle round at the moment with Boxcar ..
even though i'm 11 levels higher than him his stats are astounding for a lvl 18 (he's a Farmer - kinda explains itself lol )
As i was saying me being such a higher lvl has actually matched us fairly evenly i doubt anybody within 5 lvls of him would be able to win ..

Well he has only been a farmer for a few days.. so I don't think it is that.. I will say, it is probably he was a damn good looter and player BEFORE becoming a farmer... now, he is just on the cusp of greatness (G)
Back to top Go down
StarJack

StarJack

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:36 am

whoa settle dude .. wether he's a Farmer or from [WAR]or from either of the other 2 elite guilds i know of, is not what i was getting at ( i understand that guilds like Farmers etc are very selective of who is a member ) What i was getting at was that sometimes having higher level balances out against the stats of lower levels ..

It took myself till level 18 before i started clueing on about how to play ,and every day is lesson
Back to top Go down
iolanthia

iolanthia

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 3:26 pm

So what do we do if the second round of fights has determined a winner for both me and my opponent? She won once and I won once.

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
yrska@home

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:15 pm

iolanthia wrote:
So what do we do if the second round of fights has determined a winner for both me and my opponent? She won once and I won once.

As you propably were told in the chat box:
You do one more fight and it decises the winner (unless it is a undicided ofc. In that case you do yet another fight as long as either one of you has 2 wins.)

Yrska
Back to top Go down
Chromis

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:38 pm

StarJack wrote:
whoa settle dude .. wether he's a Farmer or from [WAR]or from either of the other 2 elite guilds i know of, is not what i was getting at ( i understand that guilds like Farmers etc are very selective of who is a member ) What i was getting at was that sometimes having higher level balances out against the stats of lower levels ..

It took myself till level 18 before i started clueing on about how to play ,and every day is lesson

Heheh, I am settled, I was saying all that more in humor than anything.. I do, see what you are getting at though...
Back to top Go down
StarJack

StarJack

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 4:09 am

and just to illustrate a mute point ...

Congratulations to Boxcar IxI for a well fought battle and good luck with the rest of the Tourney .
Back to top Go down
yitzle

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:13 pm

StarJack wrote:
and just to illustrate a mute point ...

Congratulations to Boxcar IxI for a well fought battle and good luck with the rest of the Tourney .
Thanks.
Being that I've been playing on UK S2 for, um, 9 months now, when I took over an account here, I was already "settled".
Back to top Go down
Jassaien [KoA]

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:34 pm

Just wanting to extend my own congratulations to BoxCarRacer. We clearly had some problems finding eachother to get to the actual fights, but he earned his victory against me, and I commend him for his skills.

I must say though, I found it a bit odd that I had been paired with someone 12 levels below me, but then I took a look at his stats and knew I didn't stand a chance. I wanted to at least say that I took part in a Tournament.

I had difficulty in hitting him, but when all was said and done it was clear, at least to me, who the victor would be. I wish him well in the next round and in the Tourney as a whole.

There is, however, one slight....complaint...I would have, and please don't think I'm meaning to whine here, I'm not, I merely wish to express an opinion - it doesn't seem fair that the individual who was the appointed referee of our division also hit me, as well as two hits by members of his Guild. Now, I know attacks are part of the game and I was lax in some of my banking (congrats, guys, for getting that much gold off me, normally I am not a leaker) and I know that earns the attention of the Farmers...but out of ten attacks three were by Farmers (two the same person and our division ref). To me if the ref of a division shouldn't attack the persons they are supposed to be overseeing in a competition. It would seem to give the attacker an unfair advantage, particularly when they are part of the same Guild. Colour me a conspiracy theorist, but that almost reads like they were feeling out the competition to see what was equipped and forward that information on to their Guildmate. Now, I understand this is likely not the case, but, I had to vent. My apologies if I sound like a complainer, but the odds didn't seem evenly stacked in the match-ups...but, again, that is just me.

I wish all who progressed to the next round all the best and success. I hope to be better prepared for the next Torunament. For now, however, I will repair to my keep and quietly lick my wounds.

Thank you for giving me the oprotunity to join the Tourney and the chance to vent a little. And I apologize if I have offended anyone, it was not my intent.

Feel free to PM me in game if I have earned myself an ear gnawing.

All the best to the next round,
Jassaien [KoA]
Knights of Avalon
Back to top Go down
StarJack

StarJack

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:46 am

Smile

the settle thing had nothing to do with you boxcar .. sorry if it seemed that way .. it was relating to debate/discussion that was previously going about some knights being 8-9 levels higher than their opponents ..

I was just using our battles as an illustration that sometimes being higher level doesn't garuantee a win

again i apologise for the misunderstanding ..

btw Jassaien i know how you feel .. i forgot to do a safety fight and the people from {KCM} quickly reminded me what happens to Knights that are forgetful Embarassed (haven't forgot for at least 2 months now)
Back to top Go down
yitzle

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:30 am

Congrats to DaSilva for beating me so soundly!
If it weren't for DaSilva...

[FG] Frix
----------
In safety

Brian of the Isle
----------
Battle results on 2008-01-30 at 07:27:59
Name: Hit points: Health points:
BoxCarRacer IxI 492.82 653.04
Brian of the Isle 389.75 849.00
Winner: BoxCarRacer IxI
BoxCarRacer IxI looted 0 Gold! BoxCarRacer IxI received 2 and Brian of the Isle got 0 experience point(s)!

[WOOD] Brutus
----------
Battle results on 2008-01-30 at 07:22:13
BoxCarRacer IxI 376.13 1,028.26
[WOOD] Brutus 231.75 1,653.87
BoxCarRacer IxI looted 18 Gold! BoxCarRacer IxI received 2 and [WOOD] Brutus got 0 experience point(s)!
Back to top Go down
+DaSilva+

+DaSilva+

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:47 am

yitzle wrote:

I thank you for your congratulations. I was not too confident about our duel as I could see you are a pretty strong knight... I'm glad to be at the semi-finals now, and if I manage to win against sir Brutus I will probably reach the finals against my good friend and 'guild mate' Frix...

If Frix also reaches the finals then I don't care which one of us wins because no matter which one of us is the winner, then the honor of the broken Knightly Order of House DaSilva has then been restored... Both of us were founding members of our old guild. Wink

So if we both reach the finals the Knightly Order of House DaSilva wins. Cool

Honorable salutes to all contestants of the tournament. Especially contestants of the middle category.

- DaSilva
Back to top Go down
Chromis

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:15 pm

Well spoken DaSilva, however, if someone is willing to compete in a tourney, and win or lose, is able to do so with honor, I feel that their guild has won, even if it is small win.. Competeing with honor AND being able to win the catagory, a bit more to brag about of course, but neither is a loser.. I have made several out of guild friends with these tourneys.
Back to top Go down
yitzle

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 am

yitzle wrote:
If it weren't for DaSilva...

[FG] Frix
----------
In safety

Brian of the Isle
----------
Battle results on 2008-01-30 at 07:27:59
BoxCarRacer IxI 492.82 653.04
Brian of the Isle 389.75 849.00
BoxCarRacer IxI looted 0 Gold! BoxCarRacer IxI received 2 and Brian of the Isle got 0 experience point(s)!

[WOOD] Brutus
----------
Battle results on 2008-01-30 at 07:22:13
BoxCarRacer IxI 376.13 1,028.26
[WOOD] Brutus 231.75 1,653.87
BoxCarRacer IxI looted 18 Gold! BoxCarRacer IxI received 2 and [WOOD] Brutus got 0 experience point(s)!
[FG] Frix
----------
Battle results (on 2008-02-01 at 11:24:04)
[FG] Frix 660.65 782.51
BoxCarRacer IxI 757.49 599.35
Winner: BoxCarRacer IxI looted 4 Gold! [FG] Frix received 0 and BoxCarRacer IxI got 2 experience point(s)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General discussion about the category   General discussion about the category Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General discussion about the category
Page 1 of 1